Vote for SHF!
The Scenic Highway Foundation (SHF) has submitted an application to idgroup’s Brand on Us Initiative! One local not-for-profit organization will receive over $100,000 worth of idgroup’s branding and organizational development services.
We are one of several organizations that have applied, but only one will be selected. Although all do great work, each of these groups have other sources of fiscal support and most have paid staff. SHF is a small group of volunteers who have made a huge impact over the years.
Some our achievements include:
- Designation of Scenic Highway as the first “Florida Scenic Highway”
- Chimney placed on National Register of Historic Places
- Enhancement and expansion of Chimney Park
- Enhancement and expansion of Bay Bluffs Park
- Development of Scenic Highway Master Plan
- Working with FDOT to replant I-10 denuded area with native trees instead of palms
- Oral history series thrice yearly
- Monthly clean-ups at Chimney Park and Bay Bluffs Park
- Community outreach, coordination and watchdog for all things Scenic Highway
- Creation of “Native and Invasive Species along the Scenic Highway Corridor” kiosk and brochure.
Short-term and Long-term goals include:
- Selective clearing for views
- Scenic overlooks
- Restoring wetlands
- Walk/bike/run path
- Stabilize chimney
- Observation platform, nature trail and picnic area at Chimney Park
- Eliminate invasive flora
- Clean bay water
- Reduce litter and vandalism
- Control erosion
- Interpretive Signage
- Public awareness and support in all matters concerning Scenic Highway
- Please vote for our organization at the following link: Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q9WF97G
Voting will close November 23rd.
Ask your friends and colleagues to vote for us!
Learn more about the idgroup at https://www.facebook.com/idgroupusa/
Learn more about the Scenic Highway Foundation at:http://pensacolascenicbluffs.org/